Sunday, July 25, 2010

McMichael's Visit - Arrival

The noon whistle blew in Oklahoma City and then my phone rang. It was my parents letting me know that Bonnie and her family had arrived at the Great Grandparents house. GPS is magic! After a short visit there they loaded into 2 cars and started out. Granddad, BJ and Autumn came straight here while the others went to Taco Bell to pick up "saturday lunch" (we always have tacos on saturday). I was able to show Autumn around the apartment and give her a gift "just for her" a beading kit I put together. She seemed very happy. The others arrived and lots of hugs were shared. Lunch was fun and filling. Granddad had written a short list of blessings he read to us "Things I am thankful for" ie..the car trouble was on clear, rainfree daylight time on trafficed part of town, not in a dark, back roads time. After pulling out toys for the kids Bonnie and I visited with Great Granny while BJ and Graddad visited. Granddad is so good to the children and the Great Grandchildren. Each knows he loves them and is special. After a few hours they returned home and the rest of us went to Uncle Wayne and Aunt Lyn's house after a stop at KFC to pick up Dinner (Uncle Wayne's treat) we had a wonderful 2 hours out there. The dogs should have slept well when we left. I am praying for Autumn she has a bad tooth and won't say anything (she is terrified of dentist) so I watch her and her Mom gives her tylenol. I pray for a continued blessed trip. Pallet made up in my room for the little ones for bedtime. We all hit the hay about 11:15PM and that ended our first day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all are busy and having fun already! I am SO happy this visit got to happen!!!!

    ReplyDelete